Smart ID application
For whatever reason you have for getting the new South African Smart ID, Best Selected For You know that this blog will come in handy when applying for your new Smart ID.
- Goto http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php
- In tool bar, select “Smart ID Card”. On the drop down select “APPLY ONLINE NOW”
- This should take you to https://ehome.dha.gov.za/echannel (depending on date this post is read the link may have changed which is why we highlight the appropriate steps)
- Select “Register”. Enter all details and then stand by for cell phone verification codes and email verification.
- The easiest then is to follow the how to guide for all the right steps: https://ehome.dha.gov.za/eChannel/Content/HowToGuide.pdf
Remember to keep (in a safe place) all passwords and security answers.
This post was initially written to inform you how to obtain the new smart ID simply from your bank branch. However only certain bank branches offer this service: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/id-smart-card/bank-branches.
The other option is then to visit you local home affairs office and take with you all relevant documentation that you will receive during the online application session.
We trust you found this blog Best Selected For You.